tirsdag 24. september 2013

Why would I study or work abroad?

It has become a common thing to study abroad, regardless of financial situation, nationality and culture. My mom worked in Canada for a year, my sister has studied for three years in Copenhagen and some of my closest friends are intending to go to college in America. Needless to say, studying or working abroad sounds fun! However, I realize that have a slim basis to conclude whether or not this is something for me, so I´ve talked to a part-time teacher at my school for more information on the topic.

Annicken, the daughter of my English teacher, states that her year abroad in France studying political science and courses about the EU, was a great year. She also had an internship in San Francisco as part of her master’s degree, and the experiences were good. Whether or not you have a good experience or not whilst studying or working abroad will depend on where you are and what you are doing, but some things are mutual. You will most likely improve in another language, whether that would be English or any other language for that matter, you will gain lingual skills that are well worth the trouble in our international society.


Annicken does point out that studying some places can be expensive, so it might not be possible for just about anyone. Nevertheless, this is not such a decisive factor in Norway, since education is free. I would encourage foreign(non-Norwegian) students to come to Norway to study. It might be expensive to live here while studying, but jobs are a lot better paid here as well, so hopefully it wont be a problem.

1 kommentar:

  1. Yes it is good advice to encourage more to study in Norway! It is good for the Norwegians as well to have a more diverse student body at our universities!

    SvarSlett